Now that we are officially in 2014, it’s time for me to tell you a little about what will be happening with my running and races this spring. Remember when I stated a few months ago that I would NEVER run another spring marathon again? I mean, like never.. ever. Well, I am. However, I was given this amazing opportunity and it was too hard to pass up.
I was recently picked to be a official blogger for the Rite-Aid Cleveland Marathon. It’s a honor as a runner and a blogger to be picked. On May 18, 2014, I will be heading to Cleveland to run the 37th annual event.
It’s taken me a few weeks to wrap my head around this (I thought I was going to take a full year off marathons), but now it’s time to start planning and training.
Here are a few things I can share with you about my plan:
- I will be shooting for a sub-4 hour marathon again. This would mean I would need to PR by 20 freaking minutes! Is this doable? I am not sure, but I am going to give it my ALL. I did take 18 minutes off my last marathon time.
- I have a coach. Yes, that is right. I have someone who is going to yell and scream and make me cry like a baby until I do it right. OK, I really hope that’s NOT the case. I look forward to sharing all that with you in future posts.
- I have let go of all my other racing goals to concentrate on this race. From now until May…it’s all about the Rite-Aid Cleveland Marathon, baby.
- I will run one half marathon in March to gauge my progress. I am not sure if picking the hardest half marathon in Northern Illinois was the smartest idea, but it is what it is. Go big or go home, right?
- I will be documenting all of my training, fueling, hydration and gear here for all of you to laugh at (or me). You can also find these blog posts on the Rite-Aid Cleveland Marathon homepage.
What big goal or race is happening in 2014 for you?