Now that we are officially in 2014, it’s time for me to tell you a little about what will be happening with my running and races this spring. Remember when I stated a few months ago that I would NEVER run another spring marathon again? I mean, like never.. ever. Well, I am. However, I was given this amazing opportunity and it was too hard to pass up.
I was recently picked to be a official blogger for the Rite-Aid Cleveland Marathon. It’s a honor as a runner and a blogger to be picked. On May 18, 2014, I will be heading to Cleveland to run the 37th annual event.
It’s taken me a few weeks to wrap my head around this (I thought I was going to take a full year off marathons), but now it’s time to start planning and training.
Here are a few things I can share with you about my plan:
- I will be shooting for a sub-4 hour marathon again. This would mean I would need to PR by 20 freaking minutes! Is this doable? I am not sure, but I am going to give it my ALL. I did take 18 minutes off my last marathon time.
- I have a coach. Yes, that is right. I have someone who is going to yell and scream and make me cry like a baby until I do it right. OK, I really hope that’s NOT the case. I look forward to sharing all that with you in future posts.
- I have let go of all my other racing goals to concentrate on this race. From now until May…it’s all about the Rite-Aid Cleveland Marathon, baby.
- I will run one half marathon in March to gauge my progress. I am not sure if picking the hardest half marathon in Northern Illinois was the smartest idea, but it is what it is. Go big or go home, right?
- I will be documenting all of my training, fueling, hydration and gear here for all of you to laugh at (or me). 😉 You can also find these blog posts on the Rite-Aid Cleveland Marathon homepage.
What big goal or race is happening in 2014 for you?