Hey everyone. Happy Monday. I am not sure about you but this weather is killing me. The kids are off of school today and tomorrow due to the deep freeze we are having.. AGAIN. I am finding it hard at times to stay motivated to run when I need to do it on a treadmill or indoor track. However, I have a AMAZING giveaway for all of you at the end of the blog today that should warm you up. Most of you know I am training for the Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon on May 18, 2014. This will be my fourth marathon and I hoping for a sub-4 hour finish. The plan that I am following has me training for 18 weeks. I run 4 days a week, which includes: speed work, easy runs and long runs on the weekend. Last week, I ran every run indoors. It was difficult, but I forced myself to remember why I am doing this. What my goal is and what I need to do to attain it.
Here is what I did in week 2:
- MONDAY- Gym. Chest, triceps and core.
- TUESDAY- 5 miles easy on treadmill (46:10 minutes).
- WEDNESDAY- 4 miles speed work (My coach timed me).
- THURSDAY- Gym. Back, biceps and core.
- FRIDAY- 5 easy miles (45:01) and Pilates class.
- SATURDAY- REST
- SUNDAY- 11 miles (1:39).
This week will continue to be very cold and most of my runs will be inside. I just need to keep my eye on the prize. Here is hoping for warmer weather…soon. Now, to the fun part. One of the amazing perks of being a blogger for the Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon is that I get to give away a FREE entry to one of you! Are you looking to run a spring marathon? Maybe a half or even a 5K? The 37th annual Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon features one of the flattest and fastest courses in the country, offering full marathon, half marathon, 10K and 5K events.
Here is what you need to do to enter.
- Leave a comment here on my blog why YOU should win. (+1 entry)
- Follow me on Twitter and leave a comment here that you do. (+2 entries)
- Follow Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon on Facebook HERE and let them know I sent you. (+2 entries)
- Share this giveaway on Facebook or twitter and let me know you did here. (+3 entries for each)
The contest starts today and will run for one week. On Monday, February 3rd at 5pm I will announce the winner. GOOD LUCK!!